Posted on: 08 18, 2017
Processing Division - St. Henry Ohio
OBJECTIVES/SUMMARY OF POSITION: The primary goal of this position is the quick, smooth and efficient operation of removing any defect on the turkey.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Position requires knowledge of product quality standards, finger dexterity, manual dexterity, and the ability to work quickly.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
TRAINING NEEDED ANNUALLY: HACCP, SSOP, GMP, Food Security, Animal Welfare, Allergen
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Keep workstation clean and keep edible products off the floor.
- Rotate with other team members as directed.
- Utilizing a hand knife or whizard knife, inspect and trim all turkey meat, removing the defects and as little good meat as possible. Placing trim in trim belt.
- Repeat process to insure continuous smooth and efficient operations.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Wear all required PPE.
- Steel straight knives and whizard knives properly.
- Maintain a good attitude toward all fellow team members.
- Maintain an active interest in improving performance level.
- Actively maintains high personal sanitary measures by following the established guidelines.
- Maintain a good attendance record and report to work on time.
- Perform related duties as apparent or assigned.
- Demonstrates an active interest and positive safety attitude.
- Demonstrates an active interest in producing quality products/services.
- Report any safety, mechanical, or problems occurring in the production line.
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change.