Posted on: 05 8, 2018
Feed & Animal Division - Fort Recovery Ohio
Reports To: Egg Division Processing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Back-Up/Support: Production, Quality, and Maintenance Manager
OBJECTIVES/SUMMARY OF POSITION: The primary goal of this position is to oversee 2nd shift operations within the CW Eggs facility. This position will bring leadership to our employees and will instill accountability and commitment to meeting the business goals established. This position will manage in a manner that supports the Cooper Values and commitment to the welfare, safety and morale of all CW Eggs team members.
QUALIFICATIONS: At least 5 years’ experience with Cooper Farms or similar operation in various fields including sanitation, production, sales, logistics, etc. An associate degree in a business related field is preferred, but will be waived for appropriate business experience.
SKILLS REQUIRED: This position requires strong leadership skills, excellent math skills, excellent oral and written communication and basic computer knowledge. Sound reasoning skills and problem-solving aptitude is also important. The ability to coach and mentor growing personnel is critical to this position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
TRAINING NEEDED ANNUALLY: Audit, HACCP, SSOP, GMP, Food Security
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Direct and manage 2nd shift operations for sanitation, production, maintenance, quality and other support functions.
- Coordinate shift activities through effective planning with departmental managers to insure production objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over operating expenses, labor costs and other related expenses.
- Establish and monitor plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Maintain existing plant facility and equipment; replace or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership that develops and promotes a safe work environment for all team members.
- Demonstrate an active interest in producing quality products/services.
If interested, please submit a resume to Caitlin by Friday, May 11th!