Chicken Service Representative
Posted on: 05 8, 2018
Feed & Animal Division - Fort Recovery Ohio
Reports To: Egg Division Live Production Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
OBJECTIVE: The primary goal of this position is to work closely with the Live Production Manager, service representatives and growers in monitoring the health of chickens.
REQUIREMENTS: Qualified candidates must have excellent communication and organizational skills. The ability to work well with others is required. A Bachelor’s in Animal Science is preferred, but an Associate’s with related experience will be considered.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
1. Coordinate all aspects of bird health while working with growers to manage each flock.
a. Ensure good bird health
b. Solve grower management problems
c. Utilize PIP program for all growers experiencing management shortcomings
d. Troubleshoot and work to solve disease problems that arise
e. Follow through on problem flocks
f. Communicate effectively with growers
g. Complete all records and reports in a timely manner
h. Visit designated farms on a weekly basis
i. Train growers on proper husbandry techniques, animal welfare guidelines and procedures
j. Ensure all vaccinations are completed as scheduled
k. Ensure all required paperwork is completed and in proper order at each farm
2. Responsible for providing suggestions to improve the efficiency of the division.
3. Communicate effectively with all involved in chicken production.
4. Abide by and enforce company bio-security policies and procedures.
5. Practice and promote acceptable animal welfare practices with producers and crews. Report any questionable actions to supervisor, immediately.
6. Perform related duties as apparent or assigned.
7. Maintain a positive attitude toward all fellow team members and growers.
8. Follow all safety practices and protocols.
9. Maintain an active interest in performance level.
10. Maintain a good attendance record and report to work on time.