Posted on: 02 18, 2016
Hatchery Division- Oakwood Ohio
Position: Farrowing Technician
Reports To: Sow Unit Manager & Dept. Mgr. FLSA
Objective/Summary of Position: To learn and perform all current practices and techniques to properly operate within the farrowing barn at a sow complex.
Physical Requirements: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions of Job:
1. Animal care and welfare
2. Processing newborn piglets
4. Pressure washing
5. Removal and disposal of deceased animals and farrowing by-products
6. Maintain a designated feeding routine
7. Barn maintenance as needed
8. Team member participation
9. Maintain safe work habits & a positive safety attitude
10. Demonstrate quality workmanship in responsibilities
11. Perform related work as apparent or assigned
12. Maintain a cooperative attitude toward managers and other team members
13. Maintain an active interest in performance level
In all areas described above, the individual should project a positive image, show a high level of responsibility, cooperate and communicate well with management staff, promote safety and the future growth of the company.