Posted on: 02 18, 2016
Hatchery Division- Oakwood Ohio
Position: Breeding Technician
Reports To: Sow Unit Manager & Dept. Mgr FLSA
Objective/Summary of Position: To learn and perform all current practices and techniques to properly operate within the breeding and gestation barn at a sow complex.
Physical Requirements: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions of Job:
1. Animal care and welfare
2. Pregnancy and heat detection
3. Proper movement of animals with use of flow system
5. Barn maintenance
6. Team member participation
7. Maintains safe work habits & a positive safety attitude
8. Demonstrates quality workmanship in responsibilities
9. Performs related work as apparent or assigned
10. Maintains a cooperative attitude toward managers and all others on the team
11. Maintain an active interest in performance level
This description is accurate based on the industry's current large scale production practices. They are by no means a complete description of this position's duties. It does, however, depict an accurate general job description.