Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd Shift
Posted on: 07 16, 2018
Processing Division - St. Henry Ohio
The primary goal of this position is to maintain and repair all plant production and mechanical systems in a timely, efficient, and precise manner, minimizing downtime and maximizing production operation.
QUALIFICATIONS: Position requies high school diploma or GED, associates degree or equivalent in maintenace. Must have a valid drivers license.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Position requires good mechanical background. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment. Good communication and math skills is a must.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
TRAINING NEEDED ANNUALLY: HACCP, SSOP, GMP, Food Security, Animal Welfare, Allergen
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
A. Perform preventative maintenance functions on all equipment, ex. greasing bearings, replacing worn parts and repairing potential electrical problems. Each individual is expected to report any incomplete work or repairs to the maintenance supervisors.
B. Record any and all parts removed from parts inventory. Use the electronic scanner when checking parts out.
C. Keep the shop and work areas organized and clean.
D. Evaluate sources of problems with equipment and systems.
E. Follow-up on repairs by testing equipment as it is normally ran.
F. Good communication skills with management and hourly team members.
G. Complete all forms related to job duties, ex. PM’s, service reports, job logs, etc.
H. Fill out daily activity sheets.
1. Maintain a good attitude toward all fellow team members.
2. Maintain an active interest in improving performance level.
3. Actively maintains high personal sanitary measures by following the established guidelines.
4. Maintain a good attendance record and report to work on time.
5. Perform related duties as apparent or assigned.
6. Demonstrates an active interest and positive safety attitude.
7. Demonstrates an active interest in producing quality products/services.
8. Follow BRC Global Standard for Food Safety.
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change.